Red Light, Green Light, Eat Right is easy and fun!
1) Foods are Divided into Color Categories
GREEN LIGHT FOODS
- Eat at ALL meals and snacks
YELLOW LIGHT FOODS
- Moderately healthy
- Eat only SOMETIMES
RED LIGHT FOODS
- Least healthy
- Eat twice a week
FREE FUEL FOODS
- Fruits, vegetables and fat-free cheese
- Unlimited – eat as much as you want!
Check the ONLINE FOOD DATABASE to determine the color value and portion size of the food you want to eat.
2) Eat Three Meals and Two Snacks Each Day
Your plan (based on your age, height, weight and gender) will advise how many Green Light Foods should be eaten at each meal and snack. You should also eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal and snack.
3) Enjoy Free Fuel Whenever You Desire
Fruits, vegetables and 100% fat-free cheeses are Free Fuel. You may eat them as often as you like. Free Fuel foods do not take away from your allotted Green Light Servings.
4) Enjoy Two Red Light Foods Each Week
Red Light, Green Light, Eat Right allows you to eat the foods you love!
Each week, you may eat two Red Light foods. You don’t have to give up the foods you love to get healthy.